HAPPY CASTING!

Rods, Rivers, Rafts and Wild Trout!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

2009 Summer!

Travis-- on one of our many fishing trips last summer together holding a truly beautiful cutty. Caught on a big-nasty dry fly.

One of the my last guiding trips of the season last year I had a chance to cast the rod about 5 times in an instructional manner-- (next time I need to take the streamer off the line). BANG! a 22 inch rainbow slammed the streamer and made for a great photo! Next time it will be my client in the photo!

On one of my days off from guiding last summer I had a chance to float the new fork in August. The fishing was a little slower than normal, but this big cutty was fooled on a foamed out hopper.


This fish fell victim to the white death! If you come spend a day with me on the river, I will show you the money-fly we like to call white-death. It can be deadly on the right day! proof is in the photo! LOL

I had been guiding a NOLS week-long fishing trip and had not been able to fish all week. So after we loaded up the boats from a hard day rowing, Mavis and I re-floated the river, hoping to get some good streamer action as the sun went down. Here is one of the 3 monster browns caught that night. YuKKy BuGGY!

Here is Mavis holding one of the many big browns he caught while floating last summer. He is one of the best streamer rods I have ever fished with! You the man Mavis!

Here is my favorite fishing partner! We have had some of the best memories spending time together hunting and fishing. Here is one more for the books. Big Brown on a site casting sipper on the New Fork. (6-6-09) Superhero Dropper!



All-right! Who says that all in-laws are bad! My father-in-law with a monster early season brown. Big-POPPA-roger-DOG was killing the browns with streamers this day! This fish was a solid 20 inches but still skinny from the iced over winter.


Hard to beat some of the fishing we had last summer! Big Trout almost every trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment